The ZHAW Digital Health Lab brings together experts from the Zurich University of Applied Sciences in the fields of biomedicine, health, technology and business, who together create innovations for the digitization of healthcare system.
More details can be found at ZHAW Digital Health Lab
3rd Digital Health Lab Day
We are looking forward to meeting you and other health professionals, developers, managers, practitioners, and researchers at the 3rd Digital Health Lab Day on Thursday, 16 September 2021. Please save the date now - an invitation including registration will follow in June. This year's Digital Health Lab Day on the topic of "Implementing Digital Health Innovations" will take place on a hybrid basis: The face-to-face event will be held at the new campus of the ZHAW Department of Health in Winterthur, and the keynotes will be broadcast live online. We are constantly monitoring the situation surrounding the corona pandemic and will inform you if there are any changes to the event format or programme.
Click here for more information on the 3rd Digital Health Lab Day 2021.
Digital Health Forum
Here you can find interesting and current topics from the ZHAW Digital Health Lab network.
Interdisciplinary expertise in Digital Health
As a competence network, we work with our partners to develop solutions to current challenges that arise from the combination of healthcare and digital technologies.
- Disciplines: health care, medicine, physics, life science, systems engineering, computer science, economics, linguistics, ...
- Subject areas: Data-driven diagnostics, individual and population-based digital health, digitally supported patient-centered treatment processes, systems medicine, and model-based therapy planning, lean process and data management in hospitals
- Social and economic analyses in health care
- Practical technology transfer with industry and research partners
- Applied Data Science: data analytics, clinical decision support systems, machine learning
- Solution-oriented approach: system design, prototyping, app development, system integration, Smart on FHIR, ...
- Broad implementation competencies in eHealth, mHealth, simulation, user experience, usability, interface design, data visualization, ...
Through application-oriented research, we create innovation for concrete challenges in Digital Health. On request, we will be happy to put together a competent team for an initial consultation. Would you like to create innovations together with us? Then we look forward to hearing from you at email@example.com.
Review: A Successful 2nd Digital Health Lab Day
Digitalization in the health sector is a great opportunity for a high-quality and cost-efficient health system. How important digitalization really is, becomes clear at the latest in consideration of this year's coronavirus pandemic. Digital networking in the health sector, contactless consultation and treatment options, artificial intelligence for medical analyses - digital health offers solutions that are now more in demand than ever. Last year, we already discussed the latest trends and solutions in the field of Digital Health. The 2nd Digital Health Lab Day took place online on Thursday, 1 October 2020. Here you can find more information about the 2nd Digital Health Lab Day 2020.
Here you can find more information about the 2nd Digital Health Lab Day 2020.
Review: A Successful 1st Digital Health Lab Day
At the first Digital Health Lab Day on October 3, 2019, around 200 participants from universities and industry discussed the latest trends and solutions in the field of digital health. The event also marked the beginning of the ZHAW Digital Health Lab. We thank all participants for their interest and active participation!
Exciting presentations and workshops focused on the following questions:
- What new approaches are there in the processing of health data?
- How do new technologies change the way services are provided?
- What implications does Digital Health have for the relationship between patients, health professionals, service providers, and health insurance companies?
In the morning, researchers and experts presented the latest developments. The inspiring keynote speeches by Prof. Dr. Claudia Witt (University Hospital Zurich) as well as Prof. Dr. Tavpritesh Sethi (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi, IIIT-Delhi, India) and Dr. Ignacio Hernández Medrano (Savana, Madrid, Spain) focused on the application areas of digital innovations in healthcare.
In the afternoon, the participants discussed in smaller groups on various topics such as health apps, patients' expectations of healthcare professionals, digitalization in hospitals, Open Data for Research in Digital Health, Bayesian Statistics in Clinical Research, healthy neighborhoods or how to turn an idea into a successful product. The presentations and results from the workshops are available on our Digital Health Lab Day website.
In between, the poster session offered the opportunity to gain insights into various ongoing research projects in the Swiss health care system and to discuss further questions in depth. We congratulate Fiorangelo De Ieso (University Hospital Basel) and Stefan Seidel (ZHAW) on winning the Best Student Poster Award! At the networking dinner that followed, existing contacts were strengthened and new ones were made.