The Digital Health Lab is a virtual organization of the Zurich University of Applied Sciences, in which several institutes work together across departments to digitize the health care system.
More details can be found at ZHAW Digital Health Lab
Digital Health Forum
Here you can find interesting and current topics from the ZHAW Digital Health Lab network.
Digital Health – Revolution or Evolution?
|interesting facts about sleep||Report on strategic options in health care|
|ZHAW projects on Digital Health||ZHAW publications on Digital Health|
Interdisciplinary expertise in Digital Health
As a competence network, we work with our partners to develop solutions to current challenges that arise from the combination of healthcare and digital technologies.
- Disciplines: health care, medicine, physics, life science, systems engineering, computer science, economics, linguistics, ...
- Social and economic analyses in health care
- Practical technology transfer with industry and research partners
- Applied Data Science: data analytics, clinical decision support systems, machine learning
- Solution-oriented approach: system design, prototyping, app development, system integration, Smart on FHIR, ...
- Broad implementation competencies in eHealth, mHealth, simulation, user experience, usability, interface design, data visualisation, ...
Through application-oriented research we create innovation for concrete challenges in Digital Health. On request, we will be happy to put together a competent team for an initial consultation. If you are interested, please contact us without obligation.
Review: A Successful 1st Digital Health Lab Day
At the first Digital Health Lab Day on October 3, 2019, around 200 participants from universities and industry discussed the latest trends and solutions in the field of digital health. The event also marked the beginning of the ZHAW Digital Health Lab. We thank all participants for their interest and active participation!
Exciting presentations and workshops focused on the following questions:
- What new approaches are there in the processing of health data?
- How do new technologies change the way services are provided?
- What implications does Digital Health have for the relationship between patients, health professionals, service providers and health insurance companies?
In the morning, researchers and experts presented the latest developments. The inspiring keynote speeches by Prof. Dr. Claudia Witt (University Hospital Zurich) as well as Prof. Dr. Tavpritesh Sethi (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi, IIIT-Delhi, India) and Dr. Ignacio Hernández Medrano (Savana, Madrid, Spain) focused on the application areas of digital innovations in healthcare.
In the afternoon, the participants discussed in smaller groups on various topics such as health apps, patients' expectations of healthcare professionals, digitalization in hospitals, Open Data for Research in Digital Health, Bayesian Statistics in Clinical Research, healthy neighborhoods or how to turn an idea into a successful product. The presentations and results from the workshops are available on our Digital Health Lab Day website.
In between, the poster session offered the opportunity to gain insights into various ongoing research projects in the Swiss health care system and to discuss further questions in depth. We congratulate Fiorangelo De Ieso (University Hospital Basel) and Stefan Seidel (ZHAW) on winning the Best Student Poster Award! At the networking dinner that followed, existing contacts were strengthened and new ones were made.
Next year we will again discuss the latest trends and solutions in the field of Digital Health! The 2nd ZHAW Digital Health Lab Day will take place on Thursday, 1 October 2020 in Wädenswil.